October 10 – December 6, 2014 (Download PDF of Call to Artists and Registration Form, Labels, and Receipt of Work)
All Oregon artists are invited to participate in CAM Biennial 2014 to be held at the Coos Art Museum from October 10 through December 6, 2014. This exhibition provides artists residing in Oregon the opportunity to exhibit their works to the public within an Art Museum without the extensive curating or jurying process. CAM Biennial 2014 will be displayed throughout all 6 of Coos Art Museum’s Galleries.
OPENING NIGHT RECEPTION:
Friday, October 10, 2014 from 5 – 7pm. Open to the Public.
CAM Biennial 2014 will open with a reception for all the exhibiting artists at the Coos Art Museum on Friday, October 10, 2014 from 5pm until 7pm.
PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD:
Winner will be given a solo exhibition at CAM in 2015
Winner of the “Peoples Choice Award” will be selected by Museum visitors’ votes cast during the entire run of the exhibition through the closing at 4:00 pm on Saturday, December 6, 2014. The winner will be contacted by December 12, 2014. Winner’s exhibition proposal must meet Coos Art Museum Exhibition’s Committee criteria prior to installation at Coos Art Museum in 2014.
Original works of art created in the past 3 years (2011 – 2014) by artists who reside in Oregon are eligible for entry. No commercial artwork or reproductions of any kind will be accepted.
ELIGIBLE ART MEDIUMS:
Allowed with the following criteria
• Paintings – limitation of 48 inches in any direction – this includes the frame.
• Drawings – limitation of 48 inches in any direction – this includes the frame.
• Hand pulled prints, etchings, serigraphs – limitation of 48 inches in any direction – this includes the frame.
• Photography (film or digital) – limitation of 48 inches in any direction – this includes the frame.
• Mixed media – limitation of 48 inches in any direction – this includes the frame.
• Fiber & textiles – wall hangings – limitation of 48 inches in any direction – this includes the frame or mounting devise
• Fiber & textiles – wearable – must supply display device
• Small sculptures – weight limitation of 50 lbs and 48″ in any direction
• Glass – blown, fused or leaded stained – if to be suspended, must include a secure hanging or display device
• Turned and carved wood – weight limitation of 50 lbs and 48″ in any direction
• Jewelry – only if ALL elements were created by the artist
NOTE: If your work is a replica of another person’s work – Title MUST contain notation of the original work and original artist. Example: “……….A Study of the Mona Lisa, by Leonardo DaVinci”
INELIGIBLE ART MEDIUMS:
Video, motion picture film, audio, computer generated digital artworks, giclée prints of original fine art.
NOTE: If you are unsure on ELIGIBILITY, contact Coos Art Museum.
Coos Art Museum reserves the right to reject any work(s). Receipt of works at the Museum prior to the opening does not constitute acceptance into the exhibition.
READ THROUGH CAREFULLY AND PLEASE COME PREPARED!
Artist may submit up to three (3) pieces of their original artwork ONLY during the following dates/times:
• Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 10am –6pm
• Wednesday, October 1, 2014, 10am –6pm
• Thursday, October 2, 2014, 10am – 6pm
Submission Fee: Non-refundable fee is $15 for one submission, $10 each for the second and third submissions.
Artists’ Resumes: Each artist is encouraged to submit a brief resume to be included in the exhibition guide. NOTE: This information is IN ADDITION TO entry label information.
Labels: (Download PDF of Call to Artists and Registration Form, Labels, and Receipt of Work) Each submission must be clearly labeled with the following REQUIRED information:
• Artists’ Name
• City/Town of residence
LABEL MUST BE SECURED to the back or bottom of each artwork. Please have this accomplished PRIOR TO SUBMISSION.
Ready For Display: All wall art must ARRIVE ready for hanging (matted, mounted and framed). Well-anchored, substantial wires are required. No strings or tape allowed!
• Wearable art must include a display device.
• 3 dimensional works – must include an adequate hanging device if to be suspended.
• Sculptures have a 50 lb. weight limitation.
All works accepted in the exhibition must remain on display through December 6, 2014. No work may be removed from the Museum for any reason prior to the close of the exhibition.
All works must be picked up following the close of the exhibition on any of the following dates/times: (NOTE: Please indicate pickup date on the Registration Form.)
• Saturday, December 6, 2014, 4pm – 6pm
• Sunday, December 7, 2014 10am – Noon
• Tuesday – Wednesday December 9-10, 2014, 10am-4pm
• Call CAM office (541 267-3901) to make other time arrangements
Although all possible care will be taken, Coos Art Museum will not be responsible for damage to or loss of works submitted to CAM Biennial 2014.
Works left at the Coos Art Museum more than 30 days after the close of the exhibit are considered abandoned and will be disposed of accordingly. (Download PDF of Call to Artists and Registration Form, Labels, and Receipt of Work)