Spaces available: 10
This number may include spaces booked, but not yet paid. Payment is required to guarantee your space.
Date(s) - Saturday, 02/02/19 - Saturday, 03/09/19
11:00 am - 12:30 pm iCal
Coos Art Museum
Title: KIDS@CAM 2019 Young Printmaker’s Workshop
What: children’s 6-session printmaking workshop
Dates: Saturday, February 2, 2019
Saturday, February 9, 2019
Saturday, February 16, 2019
Saturday, February 23, 2019
Saturday, March 2, 2019
Saturday, March 9, 2019
Time & Age Range: 11am-12:30pm for ages 7-12 years old
Skill Level: all skill levels welcome
Where: Coos Art Museum, 235 Anderson, Coos Bay, OR 97420
Fee: $160 Non Members/ $140 CAM member
For more info: call (541) 267-3901 or email email@example.com
IN MORE DETAIL
Join instructor, Genelle Contreras for our next installment of KIDS@CAM: Young Printmaker’s Workshop. Genelle will walk kids through six different printmaking processes and then support them as they try them each themselves. This is a very hands-on class and kids will leave with multiples of each project and a solid understanding the different printmaking types.
Per class fee is $30/each, $160/all 6, non member, $140/all 6, CAM member. All materials will be provided.
- February 2—Relief Printing: Kids will create a print using a relief technique with results similar to linoleum cut, but without the carving tools. Cut foam shapes glued onto a board will create a matrix for printing on paper. Kids will, also, learn about composition and balance between foreground and background.
- February 9—Textured Rope Prints: Kids will create textured lines within the confines of an embroidery hoop.
- February 16—Stuffy Gyotaku: Kids will explore the traditional Japanese fish printing (gyotaku) methods but by using objects with more relevance. Kids will combine those methods with the concepts of Warhol’s pop art to make colorful multiples.
- February 23—Lino-etching: Kids will experiment with two separate printing processes: the etching process with a wood-cut aesthetic.
- March 2—Wrapped Blocks and Pulled Threads: Kids will, again, work it two varieties of printmaking to compare and contrast results of using similar tools in very different ways.
- March 9—Monotype: Kids will work with transferring oil pastels to papers similar to the monotype process while using the masking techniques associated with screen printing.
Cost for workshop is $160 Non Members/ $140 CAM member. Class size: min. 4/max. 10. For online registration visit www.coosart.org or contact the Art Education Dept. at (541) 267-3901.