Spaces available: 2
This number may include spaces booked, but not yet paid. Payment is required to guarantee your space.
Date(s) - Saturday, 01/19/19 - Saturday, 01/26/19
10:30 am - 2:30 pm iCal
Coos Art Museum
Title: Introduction to Watercolor with Liv Drahos
What: watercolor classes
Dates: Saturdays, January 19 and 26, 2019
Time: 10:30 am to 2:30 pm
Age Range: adults only
Skill Level: beginner
Where: Coos Art Museum, 235 Anderson, Coos Bay, OR 97420
Workshop Fee: $60 CAM members / $80 non-members
Registration Ends: January 12, 2019
For more info: call (541) 267-3901 or email email@example.com
IN MORE DETAIL
Unlock the mysteries of watercolor in this 2 day, adults only Introduction to Watercolor class designed for participants who are new to watercolor or need a basic skills refresher. Guided by Liv Drahos’ extensive experience in teaching both drawing and watercolor painting, participants will learn elements of design, composition, and color theory. Combined with knowledge in selecting the right tools and materials needed to successfully mix colors and apply flat, graded and wet-into-wet washes on a variety of different surfaces an optimal foundation for painting with watercolor will be achieved.
The fee for the two day Introduction to Watercolor series is $60 for CAM members, $80 for non-members and takes place on Saturday, January 19 and 26 from 10:30 am to 2:30 pm. 6 participants min./12 participants max. Registration ends January 12, 2019. For online registration visit www.coosart.org or contact the Art Education Dept. at (541) 267-3901 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Watercolor paper pad (Arches preferable) 140# Cold Press
- 1 pad of 9×12 tracing paper
- 1 piece graphite paper
- drawing pad
PAINT APPLICATION AND REMOVAL TOOLS:
Bring whatever brushes you may already have or…..
- #6 or #8 inch Round brush
- 3/8 or 1 inch Flat brushes
- Wash brush/or medium size Hake type
The suggested list of SEVEN M. Graham and Co., Da Vinci,, Winsor Newton and or Daniel Smith artist quality paints will give you a good base and enable you to mix most any color you wish.
- N. Aureolin (PY 40) or Daniel Smith Aureolin(PY40)
- WN New Gamboge (PY 153) or Daniel Smith New Gamboge (PY 153)
- N. Permanent Rose ( PV 19 ) or Graham Quinacridone Rose( PV 19) or Da Vinci Permanent Rose (PV 19) or Daniel Smith Quinacridone Rose(PV 19)
- Da Vinci Permanent Red (PR188) or WN Scarlet Lake (PR 188)
- N. Cobalt Blue ( PB 28) or Graham Cobalt Blue ( PB 28) or Da Vinci Cobalt Blue (PB 28)
- N. French Ultramarine Blue ( PB 29 ) or Graham Ultramarine Blue (190)( PB 29) or Da Vinci Ultramarine Blue (PB 29) or Daniel Smith Ultramarine Blue (PB 29)
- Graham Burnt Sienna (PBr 7) or Da Vinci Burnt Sienna (PBr 7) or Daniel Smith Burnt Sienna (PBr 7)
- PAINTS: OPTIONAL
- Graham Viridan (PG 18) or Da Vinci Viridan (PG 18) or WN Viridan (PG 18) or Daniel Smith (PG 18)
- Winsor (Thalo) Green (BS)( PG 7) or Graham Thalo Green ( PG 7) or Da Vinci Phthalocanine Green (PG 7) or Daniel Smith Pthalo Green (PG 7)
- N. Permanent Alizarin Crimson (PR 206)
- Winsor (Thalo) Blue (GS) ( PB 15) or Graham Pthalocyanine Blue ( PB 15:3) or Da Vinci Phthalo Blue (PB 15) or Daniel Smith Pthalo Blue PB 15)
- N. Raw Sienna ( PBR 7) or Graham Yellow Ochre ( PBR 7) or Da Vinci Raw Sienna(PBr 7) or Daniel Smith (PBr 7)
- If have you already have a palette from previous classes, it will be fine for this one too.
- If you are planning on a new or an additional palette, choose one with a large mixing area.
- Two containers for water
- Paper towels or paint rags
- A board or piece of foam core to support your watercolor paper
- Pencils (B), erasers vinyl and kneaded
- Masking tape
- Spray bottle
Bring whatever you’ll need to make yourself comfortable (Bunny slippers included!) and have FUN while you paint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BookingsAfter you submit your booking you will receive an automated "Pending Booking" email with payment instructions. Once payment has been received your booking will be approved by our administrators after which time you will receive a "Booking Confirmed" email guaranteeing your space. Your booking will not be confirmed until payment has been received. Booking does not guarantee your space. Booking AND paying is required to hold your space. You may lose your spot in class if you register, but do not pay promptly and someone else registers AND pays. Please review our Art Ed FAQ prior to registering.
Bookings are closed for this event.